Thursday, October 27, 2011

Surprise! Baby an unexpected delight for Island mother

A 25-year-old Crofton mother who didn't know she was pregnant until she delivered a healthy sevenpound baby hopes she doesn't receive a call from a reality TV show on the topic.

Emily Ratcliffe and her husband always questioned the women who appeared on the TLC show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant - until it happened to her.

On the evening of Oct. 1, after a day of moving heavy furniture into her new home, Ratcliffe was overwhelmed by increasing abdominal and back pain.

About 30 minutes later, she delivered her fourth child, baby Mariah, on her livingroom couch.

"Honestly, I thought I was dreaming," Ratcliffe said. "It took me a minute to realize what just happened."

Baby Mariah is nothing short of a miracle, she said. "It's hard to believe. I'm happy. I can't imagine life without her."

No comments:

Post a Comment