Friday, December 30, 2011

Jennifer Hudson Declined Precious Role, Didn't Want to Gain Weight

Jennifer Hudson Declined Precious Role, Didn't Want to Gain Weight

Gabourey Sidibe sure must be grateful for this! 

In Jennifer Hudson's  book I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down, the 30-year-old singer-actress opens up about why she turned down an opportunity to star in the Academy Award nominated 2009 film Precious.

PHOTOS: Jennifer's incredible slimdown

"I had [gained weight] with Effie [in Dreamgirls]," she explains, as excepted by Uptown Magazine. "And as much as I was moved by this film, I wanted to try a role that had nothing whatsoever to do with my weight."

PHOTOS: Stars who were bullied for their weight

Instead, Hudson, who won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Dreamgirls, went on to co-star in the first Sex and the City Movie alongside Sarah Jessica Parker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment