Tuesday, May 24, 2011

B.C. man who wins $35.7 million has plans for a Canucks game and a Texas ranch

CAMPBELL RIVER, - Canada's newest multimillionaire is still trying to grasp the concept of winning $35.7 million in Friday's Lotto Max draw.

David Rennie of Campbell River, B.C., says he was shaking so hard after being told of the win that he couldn't dial the phone to call his wife with the news.

"It's just unreal. It still is unreal really, I don't even know, ah," he said trailing off to silence.

When Rennie checked his ticket Saturday morning he was expecting to win a possible dollar or two or a free ticket, instead the machine went blank for a few seconds and then trumpeted that he won over $35 million.

"I thought 'no way,'" he recalled. "I think I put my head down on the desk and then I started hooting an hollering and screaming and people were congratulating me, I was shaking."

No comments:

Post a Comment